Don’t underestimate the power of your vision to change the world. Whether that world is your office, your country, your industry or a global movement. You need to have a core belief that what you can contribute can fundamentally change the paradigm or way of thinking about problems.
Larry Hood Award-winning American Scientist
Our beliefs influence our thoughts which govern our actions. Quite a lot of the time we aren’t even conscious of what we believe in, yet these unconscious beliefs govern the decisions we make at work. I am therefore really curious to understand what shelf space flexible working gets in your head, if at all. Awareness is the catalyst of change so I would love it if you would be bold and share with me what you believe when you consider the role flexible working can have on the performance and well-being of your company.
- Do you believe that the productivity and performance of your business will improve through flexible working?
- Or do you believe flexible working is a hassle to implement therefore you ignore it?
- Do you believe that children should have equal opportunities at school and therefore one would assume at work too?
- Do you believe that flexible working will hit your bottom line?
- Those of you with children do you tell your daughter and son that they can be whatever they want to be when they grow up? Do you really believe that or do you just not want to kill their dreams?
- Do you believe that your clients will leave you if your staff work flexibly?
I would love to hear your reflections on these questions, or please share with me what you believe, as our beliefs are the power of change.