- When: 14:00 - 16:00, 13th November 2019
- Where: The Clubhouse, Bank- One Angel Ct, London EC2R 7HJ
- Cost: normally £300+VAT but FIVE places at an amazing £45, are reserved for the 2to3days community on a first come, first served basis. Enter code WiH2to3
This is the outline of the masterclass:
1. Introduction to gender issues in the hospitality, travel and leisure industry.
a. Gender imbalance and challenges in women’s career progression.
2. Women in hospitality, travel and leisure: Research outcomes
a. Enablers to the career progression of women
b. Barriers to the career progression of women
3. Conclusion: The Future is bright but…
Content of the Masterclass
Gender continues to be the most talked about subject, feminism was named ‘word of the year’ in 2017 in the Webster Dictionary, and the year 2018 was ‘the year of the woman’ according to CNN. Yet despite many recent initiatives, lack of gender diversity in the workplace continues, and women are still underrepresented in senior and executive level roles.
During this masterclass, Dr Gebbels will share the latest research on the career advancement of women in the hospitality, travel and leisure industry, including factors that hinder their career progression and those which enable them to advance their careers.
This masterclass will be highly interactive. Dr Gebbels will deliver the content of the session outlined above interchangeably with audience participation and discussion using interactive software, Slido or Mentimeter (TBC).
The purpose of the series of discussions is to allow attendees to learn from one another, to share best industry practice and to encourage change on the subject of gender diversity and career progression of women.
Questions during the masterclass:
1. Are there any flexible working arrangements available in your workplace? If so, are all staff actively encouraged to apply for them.
2. What positive characteristics do you think a mix balance of gender personnel can bring to your company?
3. What strategies do you think are still to be set up to encourage women’s career progression?
Please note this masterclass will be recorded.
Please note attendees will be asked to use their mobile devices to engage in a series of discussions.
Who is this for?
This masterclass is ideal for HR leaders, D&I leaders, and other HT&L leaders passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and promoting career progression of women.
Dr Maria Gebbels, MSc., FHEA, MIH
Senior Lecturer in Hospitality Management
Programme Leader MA International Tourism and Hospitalty Management
Please note that all bookings and payment of £300.00 +VAT must be received by the 30th October 2019. To benefit from the discounted rate of £45, tick the Discount Code box and insert the following code: WiH2to3. No refunds available, but the fee is transferable upon request.