Two Generations CIC
Two Generations is a social enterprise that reduce loneliness and fuel poverty, support carers, and provides affordable accommodation through Homeshares.
We match people who live alone (typically older people or those with disabilities) and have a spare room, with younger people who can provide an overnight presence, companionship and some help with household chores.
We have grown from inception in 2018 to the point where we have helped hundreds of people move into homes, developing Nesta-award-winning matching technology. Our organisation has also helped to vet homes for hundreds of Ukrainian refugees.
Every Homeshare in place means that someone's life is transformed. For example:
- A chronically lonely person who's despairing finally having some company
- An unpaid carer for a partner with health issues finally being able to leave the house and take a break
- An anxious person feeling much more relaxed because they know there's someone else in the house at night; and their children feeling reassured because they live far away.
- Someone is able to go home from hospital earlier because they have someone to cook and clean for them
- An elderly person is able to remain in their home of 50 years rather than go to a care home
Don't take our word for it - see our users talk about how we help them on our media page: www.twogenerations.co.uk/media