We’re a lively, diverse, and international team, based across offices in London, Newcastle, and Poland. You’ll be joining a team that fosters curiosity, ambition, accountability, and resilience. You’ll be made to feel at home straight away.
25 days holiday (plus public holidays) increasing with tenure, enhanced family friendly leave (dependant on tenure) and a well-stocked office snack cupboard are just a few of the benefits you’ll enjoy as a Pockiteer.
Already serving 500,000 customers throughout the UK, Pockit's no-fuss current account offers all the tools you’d expect from a bank – and many more. A well-structured and agile engineering team creates new features from scratch regularly and continually improves our existing offering to ensure we’re serving customers in the best way possible.
Pockit’s product set is highly distinctive and contains elements found in no other current accounts, such as a credit-builder and transparently priced microloan (as well as direct debit, peer-to-peer transfers, and the unique ability to pay in with cash at virtual branches). Opening an account takes 3 minutes from any phone or desktop, and the product has accessibility at its heart.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated part-time (16-20 hours a week) 1st Line IT Support Engineer to assist with the maintenance and day-to-day running of the Pockit IT estate. The role holder will provide face-to-face support, as well as electronic support and communications. You will advise and be encouraged to make recommendations for improvements to existing processes and platforms, whilst taking every advantage of the learning opportunities that will be a core part of the role. We are seeking someone with excellent communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to support, administer and enhance the systems and processes accordingly. You will be responsible for undertaking a varied range of systems, networking and infrastructure activities with oversight/direction from the Head of Engineering & IT.
The role will be very hands-on and require the successful candidate to gain an understanding of all the relevant business areas. This is great opportunity to develop a rewarding but flexible IT support career in Fintech, and reach your full potential.
- 1st line support about any user problem on both Mac and PCs, mobile devices in person, via phone and Slack
- Delivering in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Serve as the "go to" person for internal users
- Account creation of new starters
- Management of users in 365 and G suite
- Management of Sharepoint access and 365 Email Groups
- Management of Google apps.
- Continuous use of Jira and Confluence
- Management of ticket queues in Zendesk
- Management of assets, checking availability of IT resources and necessary stock
- Updating and documenting processes
- Hands-on patching and tidying up cables, moving workstations, organizing new rooms for staff etc
- Keep the printers operational with periodical monitoring and maintenance
- Monitor systems performances and report with relevant information about eventual issues
- Assist with the delivery of periodical pieces of training on IT-related matters to all the staff
- Help ensure the cyber security standards are always met
- Telephony and video conferencing
- Google collaboration tools
- Ability to perform confidently in client facing situations as required
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Belief in Pockit’s mission to end financial exclusion;
- Previous experience in an IT support role
- Previous experience in FinTech and/or Financial Services (desirable but not mandatory)
- Basic understanding of GDPR as it pertains to the role
- Proactive with great organisation and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in M365 Intune would be ideal
- Experience in 2FA methods and Identity Auditing
- Experience in factory imaging and Azure AD tenancy management would be ideal
- Good analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Able to quickly master new systems
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, and demonstrable common sense
- Team player with positive “Can-do” attitude
- Computer literate and proficient in standard office applications Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Well organised with effective time and activity management skills
- Enthusiasm and willing to continuously learn new things
- Goal orientated, able to meet and exceed goals
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising and organising workloads as required
- Flexible and willing to support as and when needed.
Our benefits include (but are not limited to)
- Competitive annual leave entitlement increasing with tenure
- Perkbox – many discounts and offers at your favourite stores
- Bespoke training options
- Exposure to senior executives and experts