This role is based remotely online subject to change.
To undertake project leadership and curriculum development work guided by the Associate Dean: Academic Enhancement with a focus on decolonising curriculum interventions to reduce attainment differentials between white students and students of colour.
To work in partnership with students and staff to enhance educational practice in relation to diversity, inclusivity and student attainment through helping to deliver AEM strands aligned to the priorities of the University of the Arts London Access and Participation Plan with a focus on curriculum and attainment.
To work with Academic Enhancement Model Leads in each College to ensure that work aligns with College’s enhancement agendas.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility. The successful candidate will be based in the Teaching, Learning, and Employability Exchange.
- Familiar with debates and research relating to decolonising the curriculum and awarding gaps within the HE sector
- Possesses Degree level qualification
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Experience of planning and coordinating projects involving staff and students within a HE setting
- Experience of delivering staff development sessions in a HE setting
- Communicates effectively orally, visually and in writing adapting the message for online contexts and a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
- Leads and manages projects effectively, ensuring quality standards are met and objectives achieved
Research, Teaching and Learning:
- Analyses and evaluates feedback and applies up to date knowledge to inform the development of the provision
- Previous involvement with teaching and learning work that has an emphasis on championing the decolonising agenda
- Desirable: Experience of overseeing projects that evidence wide reaching impact and critical evaluation in a HE setting
- Professional practice: Contributes to advancing professional practice in own area of specialism
- Planning and managing resources: Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve long term objectives
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with staff
- Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems
Appointment to this role will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from employment. This will depend on the circumstances and background to your offence(s).
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Academic Development and Services
UAL - High Holborn, London UK
Teaching and Learning Exchange
22 September 2020 23:55
8 October 2020
£38,694.00 - £46,423.00 per annum (pro-rata)