AIESEC UK and Access Tier 5
AIESEC UK is a charity set up to activate youth leadership through facilitating international youth exchange schemes that provide challenging, cultural work placements for students and recent graduates. AIESEC is the world’s largest youth-led organisation. AIESEC UK sponsors non-EEA graduates to undertake work experience with UK employers. We are endorsed by BEIS and the Home Office and regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
AIESEC UK holds an A-rated Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange Sponsor License, which allows us to act as an ‘over-arching body’. This means we can issue Certificates of Sponsorship for individuals who meet our eligibility criteria to apply for a Tier 5 Visa to come and experience working, social and cultural life in the UK.
We have a highly trusted sponsor status with UKVI and are endorsed by BEIS and OISC. Our national partners are Morgan Stanley, State Street Bank, Box, Inc., DPDHL, International SOS, Husqvarna, PwC, Cornerstone, SPCE and The Economist
Our efforts to enable youth mobility has been recognised by the British Youth Council and we were awarded Youth on Board Award in December 2012 at the House of Commons. And in 2015, we were finalists for the Lloyds National Business Awards as the Social Enterprise of Year.
AIESEC exists in over 120 countries and has been facilitating global internship programmes and subsequent immigration of the workforce for 60 years. AIESEC has been endorsed by leaders like Nelson Mandela and Kofi Annan.
This role is responsible for managing AIESEC UK’s base of Access Tier 5 customers. Our customers are employers, students and recent graduates. The successful candidate will provide them with guidance on how to obtain Tier 5 sponsorship via our scheme, Access Tier 5. The candidate will ‘own’ the end-to-end sales cycle by being the dedicated account manager for UK employers and the non-EEA graduates that they employ. This involves identifying and managing customer requirements for non-EEA graduates; facilitating assessment of Tier 5 visa criteria and issuing Certificates of Sponsorship for individuals who meet our eligibility criteria.
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery of annual invoiced revenue target
- Delivery of targeted level of ‘repeat business’ (from customers that have previously taken assessments for AIESEC UK AT5 Certificates of Sponsorship / assessment from AIESEC UK)
- Provision of a high quality service (measured by customer feedback and evidence of accurate service and timely billing)
- Delivery of a compliant service that meets OISC criteria
- Continuous improvement of service quality and company/graduate satisfaction
- A highly driven, self-motivated individual with the passion to help people.
- Transferable skills of: account management / selling to businesses; and of generating repeat business from existing customer base.
- Evidence of sales and marketing to find new customers is useful but not essential.
- Customer-centricity: curiosity to understand customers’ business challenges and needs, and dedication to provide a quality service to companies and graduates.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Able to interact with customers and colleagues professionally.
- Process-oriented and disciplined. The role requires strong self-organisational skills; the successful candidate will be diligent in file-keeping and will meet deadlines.
- Able to work self-sufficiently as part of an interdependent team.
- Attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the UK visa categories is useful but not essential.
- The Account Manager will report to AIESEC UK’s National President on a day-to-day basis and to AIESEC UK’s Board on a monthly basis
- Salary: competitive
- Flexibility: Part-time role (up to 4 days a week might be considered), flexible start/end, possibility to work from home
- Working Location: AIESEC UK’s office in London Fields (Hackney)
- Start Date: As soon as possible