ACCOUNTANT & OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - PART TIME
Based in West London, Richard Brendon launched in 2013 to create contemporary and timeless tableware, produced entirely by master craftspeople. Richard Brendon are on a mission to preserve and regenerate heritage craft industries, such as the potteries in Stoke-on-Trent.
Richard Brendon is a high growth business, with increase in revenue from £200k in 2016 to over £1m in 2019. We are planning to keep growing quickly, as we launch new products and move into new territories. The last year has been an exciting year for finance with the implementation of a new ERP system (SAP Business One) and successfully completing a round of financing through the Crowdcube platform.
With funding in place Richard Brendon is poised to grow rapidly with plans to increase turnover to in excess of £5m by 2026.
To support our ambitious growth plans we’re now looking for an Accountant & Operations Assistant to work and support our Head of Finance and Operations Manager. As well as managing the company’s finances you must have a keen interest in operations. You will work closely with the Sales and Operations teams to make sure that the general ledger is always up to date.
The role affords a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the scale up, working across all areas within the business and playing a key role to improve efficiency, which in result may convert this position in a full-time role in the medium term.
You will be supporting the key day-to-day finance activities, including reconciling AR and AP processes, sales orders and payments. This is a key and hands-on role, as you will be running the finances on a daily basis, collaborating with and reporting to our Head of Finance to improve our accounting processes and keeping internal procedures as lean and tidy as possible. This would suit someone who is very detail-oriented and is looking to gain involvement in finance as well as operations, with great exposure on the overall business.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintain AR/AP general ledger up to date both in the UK and US
- Preparing asset, liability, profit and loss journal entries by compiling and analysing account information
- Manage the manual input of drop-shipment and e-commerce sales orders between the internal ERP and website/customer portals
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Documenting financial transactions by entering account information
- Reconcile bank transactions with internal account information
- Secures financial information by completing database backups
- Support the Head of Finance in month-end journals, close and reporting, both for the UK and US companies
- You should be qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA)
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience in an in-house finance role
- Experience in managing AR/AP day-to-day processes
- Experience in financial reconciliations involving home banking portals
- Experience in data-entry management
- Strong Excel skills and previous use of SAP or another ERP
- Problem solver, creative thinker, proactive approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with the “can-do” attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Company secretarial/regulatory experience an advantage
WHY WORK FOR RB?
- Fast paced entrepreneurial environment where you will see your actions growing and developing the business. Your actions will be implemented fast as there are not multiple layers of bureaucracy and red tape
- Fast growing start-up, expanding via new products and geographies
- Fast growing team and opportunity to grow with the business
- Relaxed work environment
- We have amazing customers, we work with many of the best hotels, restaurants and retailers in the world. Customers include: The Four Seasons, Harrods, The Conran Shop, etc.
- Competitive salary with performance-based incentives
- Generous staff discount
- Holiday days 25, plus Bank Holidays.
- Social activities
- Flexible working hours and work from home