Accountant (Part time 3-4 days per week)- Private Equity
Please read the information in this job post thoroughly to understand exactly what is expected of potential candidates.
My clients is a boutique Private Equity firm, investing in businesses across Europe in the retail, consumer, and leisure sectors with circa €600 million of funds invested to date.
Focus/Objectives of the role:
To undertake all aspects of accounting support for the UK based advisor and parent entities.
This Accountant role is a part time (3-4 days per week) supporting the newly qualified Financial Controller as well as the CFO, with a host of transactional finance duties within the small finance team.
Corporate Accounting duties:
- Bookkeeping related entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts Payable invoice postings into the accounting system
- Payment of invoices
- Payment runs
- Accounts Receivable invoice postings
- Dealing with bank account transactions
- Other administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the accounting system
- VAT returns
- Accurate filing of all electronic and paper documents
- Qualified or Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant
- Experience from either a financial services firm or from a mid-tier accountancy practice
- Experience working on financial services clients desirable but by no means essential
- Desire to work for a busy investment firm in a finance support capacity
- May suit someone qualified by experience