We are a fast growing accountancy practice looking for a new member to join our small team.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Organised with a great attention to detail and ability to balance deadlines and workload effectively.
- Confident using various computer programmes in particular Xero and Quickbooks.
- Keen, positive and flexible attitude.
- Self motivated, disciplined, committed and reliable, we are a small team and depend on each other’s contributions.
- Flexible - as the company is new and growing rapidly, the role will be varied. This keeps things interesting and hopefully more enjoyable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can use own initiative.
The successful applicant’s qualifications and experience will include:
- Essentially you will have experience of creating Final Accounts and Corporation Tax calculations for small Ltd Companies
- Experience in creating and submitting VAT returns using raw data would be desirable.
- Experience of calculating Self Assessment Tax Returns, not essential but would be beneficial.
- Have experience using Excel
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience working in accountancy practice.
- Ideally you will have formal qualifications such as AAT/ICB/ATT qualified or ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or part qualified.
The successful candidate will be working for a practice of Accountants, using cloud based accounting systems and Excel, they will be working directly with clients dealing with year end accounts and tax, to bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and management accounts where needed. The role will require the successful applicant to take a level of responsibility for gathering all information required to produce the relevant documentation in an accurate and efficient manner.
The client base currently consists mainly of small limited companies and pre-revenue start-ups. We also prepare a large amount of personal tax returns. There will be opportunity for you to bring your experience and make this role your own.
This is a rare opportunity to get into this growing and exciting company, with the flexibility you would expect from a part time role.
Salary dependent on qualification and experience levels.