We are looking for a skilled Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper to maintain all aspects of our financial records and to produce a draft set of monthly Management Accounts.
The job duties include working closely with our Finance Manager to create financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
We are looking for someone for 15-20 hours per week and we are very flexible on how these hours are spread across the week. They can either be 2/3 longers days or 3 to 4 shorter days.
We are looking for someone to start asap!
- Record day to day financial transactions.
- Checking and posting employee expenses.
- Verify that transactions have been posted to the correct general, customer or purchase ledger accounts in Xero.
- Bring the accounts to the trial balance stage.
- Take responsibility for the accounts payable, and accounts receiveable process.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Be able to complete balance sheet reconciliations and analyse the P&L as part of the month end process.
- Upload pension contribuitions to our pension provider for payment.
- Onboard/offboard employees as and when required.
- Liase with external accountants.
- Post the payroll journal into Xero.
- Proven bookkeeping experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel and Xero.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- AAT qualified.