Actuarial Analyst (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: Some remote Working / Flexible Fareham or London
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a role in the Planning and Insight team (within the Actuarial Reserving team). You will be involved in the reporting of actuarial work, perform bespoke reserving exercises and deliver insights across the UK portfolio, while helping to communicate the financial risk and its consequences, all of which are fundamentally important to our business.
You will work closely with our UK Reserving teams – Retail, Municipal, Commercial and Legacy – to understand and report the UK-wide results, identify trends and bring insights to senior stakeholders from the wider business, with whom you will gain exposure on a regular basis.
Using strong analytical and mathematical skills, you’ll work alongside some of our most talented qualified actuaries. You’ll also liaise with other areas of the business, including Finance, Underwriting, Pricing and Capital, to develop a broad understanding of the business and promote process change that will result in a real difference.
There is flexibility in the location of the role, with the Actuarial Reserving team split between London and Fareham, with some travel likely between these locations when normal working resumes. Until this point, we are all working remotely from home. This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
• Report to the Head of Planning & Insight, liaising regularly with the Heads of Reserving to provide support with the reporting and communication of the results on an IFRS and Solvency II basis each quarter the P&I team own the production of the Reserve Committee pack and overall review of the Solvency II Technical Provisions)
• Help to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of internal EMEA, Group and regulatory reporting requirements QRTs and NSTs) both to the CBI and PRA
• Support the delivery of new analyses and insights to develop a deep understanding of the UK P&C business model, its underwriting strategy and its interactions with customers
• Drive continuous improvement in all pieces of work conducted
• Clearly highlight, document and explain any assumptions made
• Collaborate with the Reserving teams, Finance and other departments around the UK and across the Group
Your Skills and Experience
• Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics or equivalent
• Approximately 2 to 4 years of relevant General Insurance experience reserving, regulatory reporting, Solvency II, finance bookings or auditing ideal), albeit other relevant experience, whether in insurance or otherwise, would be considered
• A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy
• A high level of numeracy skills and an analytical approach to work is essential
• Working knowledge of SAS, R, VBA or other equivalent coding languages of benefit
• Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required
• Professional manner, enthusiastic and positive attitude
• Able to cope with change, manage and meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Communicative, with an ability to understand the wider picture
• Able to use a creative, open-minded and proactive approach
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
• 12% Non Contributory pension scheme
• Annual company bonuses
• 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
• Private medical cover
• Income Protection
• Life Cover
• Discounted gym membership,
• Discounted gadget insurance
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.