Advisory Product Specialist - Issuer Services
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC's Global Banking & Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24-hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Products & services are offered through a network of more than 60 countries worldwide. The trading and sales forces attend to customers that include the world's central banks, international and local corporations, institutional investors, financial institutions and other market participants.
The jobholder will work as part of a team dedicated to the review of defaulted deals, post-closing waivers and amendments for capital markets, bank market and loan transactions where Issuer Services acts in a trustee and agency capacity; liaising with arrangers/lenders, external counsel and internal Group Legal, as required. The position will also involve managing fiduciary risk and the exercise of trustee discretion. The jobholder will also contribute to the business' 5-year growth plan by ensuring that opportunities to charge fees for post-closing work are maximised.
- The jobholder will be dealing with various product types, including conventional bonds, securitisations, repackaging programmes, project and export finance, Infrastructure Finance, Project Bonds , Islamic finance.
- The jobholder will be required to lead default and restructuring discussions on behalf of the department, liaising with internal/external legal, Issuers/Borrowers, Investors/Lenders, Administrators and Receivers as necessary
- The jobholder will be dealing with amendment requests to existing transactions - both acting on instructions, exercising discretion- and different post-closing matters which will require co-ordinating comments with external counsel and peers.Presenting at Regional Post-closing Trustee discretionary committees and Global Default Committees will be required.
- Enhance/Develop stakeholder relationships with External stakeholders (Law Firms) and internal HSBC business teams.
- Maintain a good level of competency through self-training and help develop the overall knowledge of the team.
- Fulfil additional duties and/or tasks, as required, to support the growth of the business.
- Act as point of reference and role model to junior members of the team and the wider Issuer Services group.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Previous experience in a comparable role within Corporate Trust/Loan Agency transaction management or law firm is essential, including experience working on defaulted transactions, waivers and amendments, and exercising trustee discretion.
- Some previous credit and loan documentation experience and understanding of banking operations is desirable
- Sufficient structure finance experience to ensure the Group is not expose to any operational or reputational risks
- Client focused.
- Demonstrate a strong track record in a transaction manager or comparable legal role.
- Good communicator, both written and verbally.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Strong time management and negotiation skills.
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Team player.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.