Reporting to: Head of Capital Management & ALM
- The Capital & ALM team at AIG Life is led by the Head of Capital & ALM who reports into the CFO
- The Senior Actuarial Analyst will support the Head of Capital Management & ALM in a wide range of Liquidity and ALM work. As AIG Life is a rapidly growing company, there is scope to be involved in a variety of different work
- The Senior Analyst will be expected to take ownership for their work and continually look for ways to optimise and improve efficiency
- The role is a part time fixed term-contract for 3 days a week for 6 months and will be job sharing with another senior analyst
- Assist in the production and analysis of regular actuarial reports including Investment MI & liquidity forecasting
- Assist in monitoring liquidity, developing liquidity management strategies, forecasting & analysis of liquidity requirements
- Liaise with ERM on liquidity stress testing and assessment of sources of liquidity
- Assist in determining interest rate hedging requirements
- Analyse strategic asset allocations, sensitivities to market risk, propose risk mitigation actions where necessary
- Produce Investment Committee packs
- Advanced skills in Excel. Programming skills (e.g. SQL, VBA an advantage).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the UK Life market
- Experience of liquidity management and ALM
- Experience of cash-flow modelling tools (e.g. Mo.Net, Moses, VIP, Prophet) (preferred but not essential)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and to tight deadlines
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Part qualified actuary - ideally should have passed CTs, CA1 or an ST and be making good progress with the exams
- Experience of working in a life office with experience of liquidity management & ALM
- The role is based in London but is currently a working from home role
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.