Our Engineering teams are enabling us to serve more than 13.8 million online customers.
We're currently seeking Android Engineers who are passionate about writing modular, well-tested applications with a long lifespan. We value easy-to-maintain code, solid engineering practices, and sensible use of frameworks, patterns, and automation.
We work in a complex business with a high volume of customers and transactions, so a desire to dive into the details and come up with creative solutions is key. We're building our engineering community, and we're always keen to speak with those who are interested in actively engaging with technical groups. Within mobile, there's a strong focus on business value and giving customers the features they need.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Interacting with business analysts, quality engineers and UX/UI designers
* Validating requirements and system design,
* Executing code reviews
* Mentoring less experienced developers/engineers
* Optimising and refactoring code structures
* Supporting the Release and Incidents team to quickly find and fix any issues with the production Apps
* Always keeping one eye on the latest Android technologies and share the knowledge within the organisation
We would like to hear from you, if you:
* Have a sound understanding and practical experience of engineering fundamentals of mobile development such as performance, APIs, troubleshooting, latency, etc.
* Have significant experience building and maintaining commercial Android applications
* Are confident working with the Git version control systems.
* Know how the software development lifecycle works, and have good knowledge of source control, automated testing, and writing high-quality software
* Have solid understanding of designing a mobile experience for variable screen sizes
* Are excited by the changing Android landscape, and care deeply about learning new technologies and patterns
* Enjoy collaborative working as part of a cross-functional team, are familiar with agile principals, and are passionate about sharing knowledge internally
* Want to work on applications that have millions of active users, and regularly deliver new features into their hands
* Have hands-on experience of continuous delivery.
* Are experienced in code reviewing
* Have mentored or keen to, mentor/develop junior (or less experienced) Engineers
* Strong understanding of Android application architecture patterns, threading and how to write robust apps
* Experience in Functional Reactive Programming using RxJava, RxKotlin or other FRP frameworks and dependency injection using Dagger2 or other DI frameworks
* Comfortable working with both Kotlin and Java Android codebases
* Android Studio, Gradle
* JIRA, Confluence
It would be great also, if you:
* Know how the software development lifecycle works, and have good knowledge of source control, automated testing, and being part of an agile team
* Were interested and/or had experience in building advanced UI
* Were interested and/or had experience in Accessibility
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.