A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC’s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you’ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences
Substantial Experience with system integration of COTS and or Custom Development.
Preferred Fields of Study
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Solutions Architect or Scrum master.
- Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader, including
- Leading Agile development teams;
- Working with system integration of COTS and or Custom Development;
- Displaying abilities of Project management, planning and budgeting of multiple projects that staffed between 10-20 ppl;
- Working to Migrate or develop new applications in one of the major cloud platforms;
- Communicating effectively with senior leadership;
- Delivering POV's through governance process;
- Understanding Cyber Security awareness and exposure;
- Making IT design recommendations;
- Possessing experience with architectural design and application delivery;
- Understanding Established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall, using blended resources;
- Possessing analytical thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug and resolve technical issues;
- Being acquainted with Lean IT principles and data driven approaches;
- Understanding protection of intellectual property, disaster recovery planning and adherence to SDLC as well as COBIT, CMMI, PMM4, and ITIL;
- Possessing architectural domain knowledge including cloud application architecture and container-based deployment;
- Interpreting and translating goals into technical specifications, delivering thought leadership of specific technologies and driving technology change;
- Possessing business knowledge and interpersonal skills to build, maintain and influence relationships with senior leaders and vendors as appropriate;
- Leveraging business and domain acumen to interpret and translate architecture plans to business plans;
- Collaborating with other Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards;
- Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs;
- Participating in the development of thought leadership to influence their sphere of technology in the use of innovation to advance business capabilities;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create a competitive advantage;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues;
- Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines; and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
- Participating in application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues and application rationalization; and,
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends.