Applied Analytics Developer- Financial Crime Threat Mitigation
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC intends to go further than current industry standard practice in Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM). We are aiming to significantly evolve our approach to financial crime risk management by using our size and scale to leverage all the data available to us and apply advanced analytical tools to it.
Gathering together all of the relevant data held by a global bank, and bringing in external, publicly available data, will help us identify global patterns and systemic problems that might otherwise be invisible.
Making sense of the huge amount of information gathered in this way is a further challenge. As well as hiring experts, we are developing new analytical techniques, including investing in cutting-edge software.
- Financial Crime Risk Applied Analytics is responsible for the engineering, industrialisation and delivery of analytical products to help mitigate financial crime in all the countries HSBC operates in.
- Working across multiple risk types including Anti Money Laundering, Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption our work helps to keep our customers and the communities we operate in safe from financial crime.
- With a passion for all things data our innovative multi-disciplinary team works with cutting technology to deliver products that solve real business problems. Our team consists of agile, create and solution driven individuals that want to use big data, analytics and machine learning to detect and prevent financial crime.
- As a lead analyst you will worked closely with stakeholders and other functions within FCR Analytics to develop innovative and actionable models which help to manage financial crime risk. The solutions we deliver need to manage risk effectively, be commercially focused, scalable across our many markets and lines of business and stand up to the rigors of internal and external scrutiny and review.
We would be very keen speak to individuals with any of the following skillsets & experience:
- Proven ability to shape the design and drive the adoption of modern enterprise-scale applications within an agile framework
- Practical expertise in Big Data, Cloud Computing or Machine Learning technologies (esp. Google Cloud Platform, Python, Spark, Scala)
- An interest in business and current affairs, including financial crime
- Experience in building, curating and protecting complex datasets in a regulated environment
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000DPUM
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.