Assistant Accountant - Part Time £26,000 - £29,000 annual salary (pro rata) Permanent Role Education Sector
Your new company
This is a new role within the Higher Education sector, based in central Oxford.
Your new role
The position of the Assistant Accountant is responsible for:
* Ensuring the purchase ledger transactions are recorded in an accurate and timely manner, and ensuring costs are appropriately linked to projects.
* Preparing monthly payment runs and ad-hoc payment requests for management approval.
* Reconciling company credit cards and supplier statements.
* Month end accruals and prepayments adjustments.
* Managing the recharge to licensees of patent costs incurred (generating sales invoices to directly recharge the cost and reconciling the entries on a monthly basis).
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of operating a purchase ledger or comparable accounting function and have experience of working within a similar role or within a Finance office environment. The role will also require the successful candidate to have:
* Advanced Excel Skills.
* The ideal candidate will have current experience of using Sage 200 and a willingness to learn new systems. Full training on systems will be provided.
* Commercially astute and have knowledge of the financial and non-financial requirements of small and medium companies, including understanding and interpreting financial policies, regulations and reporting requirements.
* Be self-motivated, prepared to initiate their own work and operate under minimal supervision, manage their own priorities and handling day to day financial transactions and resolving queries
* Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing and with a wide range of people and organisations
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to earn between £25,000 - £29,000 annual salary (pro rata) for 25 hours per week, dependent on experience. This will be a fantastic opportunity for a part time finance candidate, looking to contribute to a forward-thinking organisation. Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.