As an Assistant Accountant - Part-Time, you will report to the Head of Finance and be responsible for the Accounting function. It will be a varied and busy role, using Sage Accounting System, which you must have experience on.
My client is a well-established and award winning SME based on the outskirts of Southampton. They are looking for an Assistant Accountant - Part-Time to report to the Head of Finance.
As an Assistant Accountant - Part Time, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer and supplier records on the SAGE 50 accounting system.
- Maintain professional customer and supplier contacts and follow up invoice and payment queries.
- Generate customer invoices and credit notes to be sent out to clients.
- Credit control function including preparation and maintenance of monthly aged debtor summary for review.
- Issuing monthly customer statements, liaising with customers regarding their accounts and payment chasing as required.
- Manage the petty cash and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Prepare payment runs for approval.
- Process all expense claims and take ownership of the employee expenses processing and system administration.
- Reconcile the Credit Card accounts on the accounting system on a regular basis.
- Prepare and process monthly and year end payroll on SAGE Payroll including producing payslips online, resolving staff pay related queries, submitting all necessary reports to HMRC and Pension data to providers.
- Prepare and process quarterly VAT and EC sales lists for review and submit on SAGE 50.
- Reconcile all nominal ledger payroll and VAT related accounts monthly.
- Maintain an up to date fixed asset register in line with company depreciation and disposal policies.
- Post monthly depreciation journals and adhoc journals when required.
- Prepare quarterly and annual ONS surveys re leases and assets for review.
- Assist with travel management with travel agencies where necessary for larger trips.
- Assist with office management and company event organisation.
- Ad Hoc finance related tasks as requested.
To be successful in your application for Assistant Accountant - Part-Time, you should have:
- Experience with Sage Accounting System
- Current Payroll knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Good Excel skills
- Competent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience including bookkeeping, payroll and VAT processing
- Ability to work 25 hours per week.
If you are successful you should expect:
- Currently Remote On-boarding - but plan to return to office part-time.
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Benefits
- Great working environment