Assistant Accountant (Part-Time, FTC)
Central London and/or remote working
Tavistock Relationships has been improving lives for generations. We believe that strong relationships improve our lives, families, and mental health.
- A belief in the importance of family stability and emotional security
- A commitment to social justice, inclusivity and diversity in every area of our work
- A belief in the importance of intellectual curiosity and rigour
- An aspiration to be a learning community - growing understanding and being open to new ideas and developing new ways of working
- A commitment to promoting excellence in the delivery of our services
We are looking for a part-time Assistant Accountant to join us on an interim basis. The actual hours and work pattern will be agreed to suit the successful applicant and our organisation.
Tavistock Relationships has an experienced and diverse Finance Team in place. This role is proposed to support the growth and development of key existing members by both enabling the Finance Manager to focus on higher level tasks and by supporting the learning and development of less experienced team members. We are seeking an experienced individual able to hit the ground running.
You will support the Finance Manager by undertaking a range of financial control and management reporting activities.
The post holder will provide day-to-day oversight of the tasks of the accounting administration staff, mentoring and supporting the professional development of these team members. Excellent communications skills are essential as this role will liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
We are currently using Salesforce and Xero as our core management information tools along with a range of processing efficiency tools such as AutoEntry, Approval Max and GoCardless. A willingness and ability to work to get the best from available technology and identify new solutions where appropriate is a must. Experience in tightly managed month-end close processes and annual audit is also desirable.
To join us as an Assistant Accountant, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role and, ideally, team management experience
- Experience with payroll processing using a software package
- Experience of electronic accounting systems (including general ledger, electronic banking, payment systems and workflow management systems)
- To be confident using Microsoft Office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner
- The ability to build and manage relationships with service users
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- To hold some level of accounting qualification, or be actively studying towards one
Experience of working with AutoEntry, Approval Max, Stripe, GoCardless and Salesforce would be beneficial to your application, as would a working knowledge of Xero.
Webrecruit and Tavistock Relationships are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.