The Victoria BID team are responsible for a dynamic and exciting range of key projects and initiatives across the South Westminster BID areas, stretching from Whitehall, Parliament Square, Victoria Station and indeed beyond towards Buckingham Palace Road.
We play a fundamental role in generating, promoting and executing projects that aim to support economic growth through placemaking and create a vibrant destination for those who work, visit or live in the area. Creating a high-quality public realm and environment is at the heart of what we do.
The South Westminster BID Executive Team currently has responsibility for various BID areas: Northbank, Westminster and Victoria Westminster. We will also work with the wider teams in the delivery of the BID team’s Business Plan objectives for these BID areas.
This position sits within a Business Alliance and the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the day to day book keeping activities for four Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) based in Westminster. BIDs are non-profit making private enterprises working closely with local businesses, the GLA and Westminster City Council. Their role is to nurture, enhance and sustain what are a unique, vibrant and historical parts of London.
Amongst others, your duties will include the following:-
- Processing purchase orders raised by the team ensuring the approval system has been adhered to and cost allocation is correct
- Maitaining the purchase ledger including matching invoices to Purchase Orders, entering on the software and uploading onto software
- Preparing payment runs and setting payments up on online banking system for approval, dispatching remittance advice afterwards and filing all invoices and payments listing;
- Reconciling bank, petty cash and credit card transactions;
- Maintaining the filing system in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Manage the ‘Accounts’ email inbox, resolving and responding to internal/supplier queries;
- Managing credit control and chasing unpaid BID levies from ratepayers;
The above is not exhaustive but an reflection of what you will be required to undertake as part of this role, you willb be asked to take on other tasks as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of previous book keeping experience or AAT qualified.
You will have a good working knowledge of Excel as well as Xero accounting software;
The ability to work as part of a small team, and on your own initiative, is essential, along with the skills to be flexible, multitask and work to demanding deadlines in a busy working environment.
Thie role is a part-time, 3 days a week role that we can arrange flexible days/hours
The salary wil be pro rated based on a full time equivalent salary of £24,000.
If you are a good numbers person and looking for a part-tme role to supplement another role or you are just looking for a new part-time job then please apply. We look forward to receiving your application.