Our client, an nfrastructure investment fund (c.$3bn AUM) is looking for an assistant financial controller to join their friendly, high performing finance team (CFO and FC). They key areas of financial control will include quarterly internal (Exco & board) reporting, monthly Group reporting, managing third party providers and tax compliance. The role will also include assisting with some operational and HR matters including HR admin, payroll and pensions administration
- Financial reporting for two related entities
- Day-to-day oversight of all payments and sales invoicing, largely using Xero
- Performing quarter-end close activities, including reconciliations, journal entries and analysis of results, including detailed commentary on performance vs budget
- Assisting the Financial Controller in preparation of quarter end management accounts and forecast, FCA submissions and distributions to shareholders
- Supporting the quarterly profit verification process
- Annual budget – assist in the preparation of a detailed budget on an annual basis and monitor ongoing progress vs budget
- Annual audit – support the annual audit process
- Assist with matters as required including tax, VAT returns and PSA computations
- Group reporting: preparing consolidation, IFRS adjustments and submitting financial information to relevant parties.
- Working with the Financial Controller and relevant third parties to improve and streamline reporting processes
- Assisting with controls and process environment
- Assisting with ad-hoc shareohlder/ group reporting requirements
- Assisting with some operations and HR matters, including HR admin, payroll and pensions administration
- Assisting with management and controls of online banking platforms
The ideal candidate will have a professional approach and manner, with the ability to deal with various internal and external stakeholders. They will be trustworthy and able to be discreet with confidential matters and have the ability to manage different competing priorities, work with third party providers and build long term relationships. They will have excellent communication/interpersonal skills, be able to work calmly under pressure and have the mindset to improve processes and control environment. This role might suit someone either returning to work after a break or a maternity leave, or someone looking for more balance in their working life. The role offers long term opportunity for career progression and an opportunity to grow over time.
- 5 - 10 years qualified accounting experience.
- Experience in a financial reporting role in the financial services industry helpful, but not essential
- Experience with Xero helpful, and use of Excel/ Powerpoint essential