- An Assistant Product Manager for Personal Loans, based at our Swindon Head Office
- Full salary range £30,506 - £44,065 per annum and pro rata, dependent on skills and experience
- Flexible working requirements considered
- Please apply by 16th September
We’re always focused on growing our business and delivering the best value to our members. To succeed we must have an experienced group of product professionals managing our products, and utilising real member insight to build compelling and valuable propositions that differentiate us.
We have a vacancy within our Personal Loans team for an Assistant Product Manager. We’re looking for a skilled individual with a good depth of product and insight experience.
All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis/flexible working basis.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
- Prior experience of managing a product line, with responsibility for either developing new products and/or propositions
- Worked in a similar industry to financial services with familiar challenges. We’re not wedded to direct financial services background, for example if have telecoms experience we’d love to hear from you
- Proven ability to develop strong customer and market insight, demonstrating that you really understand what customers want through the propositions you develop
- Extensive experience of effectively engaging with a wide range of stakeholders through various communication means. Be excellent at establishing thriving working relationships to benefit the work that you deliver
- A creative approach to developing innovative solutions to sometimes complex and challenging business and customer scenarios
- An innate ability to interpret numerical and data led insight to inform sound commercial decisions. Critically you’ll be used to translating these decisions into presentable and digestible information for a senior audience in an impactful way
- An interest in market and competitor trends and can use these to make the best informed decisions
What you'll be doing
You’ll be a key member of the Personal Loans team responsible for planning all aspects of the product lifecycle. You’ll be instrumental in maintaining and building on the commercial performance of our products.
Day to day you’ll need to problem solve and manage multiple and often conflicting priorities effectively. This is a busy but rewarding role.
You’ll work alongside multiple key stakeholders, and so developing successful two-way working relationships is vital.
You’ll use insight, which may come in the form of market intelligence or customer research, to help drive the right commercial decisions. At times you’ll be required to present to senior stakeholders and will be trusted to know the most effective way to do this.
This role provides the opportunity to develop and progress both within the Personal Loans team and across our wider Product function, through demonstrating the right behaviours and delivering best value.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us. As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.