AT5 Immigration Specialist
AIESEC UK is a charity set up to activate youth leadership through facilitating international youth exchange schemes that provide challenging, cultural work placements for students and recent graduates.
The charity provides its members with an integrated development experience during and after university comprised of leadership opportunities, international internships and participation in a global learning environment.
The leadership team is made up of recent graduates from the UK and other countries who deliver the charitable aims to students across the country. In the spirit of the charity, the leadership team rotate every year giving new graduates the opportunity to develop and shape the organisation. To find out more about us visit: www.aiesec.co.uk
AIESEC UK holds an A-rated Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange Sponsor License, which allows the charity to act as an over-arching body and to issue Certificates of Sponsorship for individuals who meet eligibility criteria to apply for a Tier 5 Visa to come and experience working, social and cultural life in the UK.
The Immigration Specialist will be responsible for providing our clients (employers, students and recent graduates) with advice and guidance on how to obtain Tier 5 sponsorship via our schemes, Access Tier 5 and Incoming Global Talent. The role reports into the National President and is part of the AT5 team.
Key skills and qualifications required
- Educated to a degree level
- OISC regulated
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with an Immigration firm in a client-facing role
- Motivated, energetic and be able to work as a part of a team and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as the job is centred on communication with the clients, colleagues and authorities
- Able to work to tight deadlines even when under pressure, whilst still being able to provide a high level of customer service
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, the Home Office Sponsorship Management System (SMS) and SOC Codes
- Strong understanding of Tier 5 and Tier 2 visa routes, intermediate knowledge of rest of the routes as well as any related legislation
- Strong work ethics
Compliance and advisory
• Explain the eligibility criteria and process involved for sponsoring an individual under Access Tier 5 to our clients, colleagues and authorities.
• Keep up to date with immigration rule changes affecting Access Tier 5 and ensure AIESEC UK Ltd. stays compliant with any changes to legislation.
• Ensure that all of the information provided by the client is accurate and correct before advising on the eligibility of the migrant’s sponsorship.
• Responsible for all Immigration operations and issues. Report any problems to the National President and work together to resolve any issues.
• Write reports on problems and complaints and documenting how they were resolved.
• Review all AIESEC UK application forms, client/migrant care letters/handbook’s every quarter to ensure they are continually in line with the latest legislation.
• Manage OISC Re-Registrations (Yearly).
• Issue CoS’s to process applications for sponsorship, around 600 per year
• Liaise with UKVI and Sponsor Helpline in support of the Migrants sponsorship application under the AT5 scheme
• Advise on Tier 5 extension applications and subsequent CoS’s
• Manage UKVI CoS allocation renewals and provide monthly reports to National President on the remaining allocation and wasted COS’s (if any)
• Maintain and update files independently ensuring all client/migrant files and migrant contact details are up to date at all times
• Updating the Home Office SMS with updates and changes to Migrant circumstances
• Collecting migrant pay slips from Non-Tier 2 employers every quarter
• Maintaining and updating Migrant tracker and/or Hubspot
• Collecting Migrant feedback
• Arranging Site Visits as and when necessary
• Preparing yearly professional indemnity insurance application
• Budget for any training expenses for the year
• Preparing for UKVI/OISC/BIES audits and visits
1E Mentmore Terrace, London E8 3DQ
Flexible working opportunities: Minimum 80% over 4 or 5 days and some remote work. Immediate start.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of people, respecting and drawing on different perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application or selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please let us know. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.