We’re looking for a qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA) to fill the role of Audit Manager. The primary responsibility of the Audit Manager will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of audit clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group, and on occasions the wider firm. Where appropriate, you may become involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
The role is open to flexibility, part time, job share and remote working.
The job involves some travel so ideally you can drive.
Who are we looking for?
We need a client facing professional to:
- Ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
- Audit work and setting budgets - awareness of commercial aspects of clients business and impact on the firms work. Arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
- Be aware of developments in compliance and how this impacts on clients.
- Client billing.
- Prepare proposals for new work.
- Attend relevant marketing events.
- Present at seminars if required.
- Attend relevant client segment focus group meetings.
- Develop personal contacts.
- Identify and develop opportunities for the firm with current clients.
Additionally, in this role you will:
- Organise staff on jobs, ensuring each individual is clear on expectations and timescales, is properly trained and receives constructive feedback. Ensure any shortages or excess workloads are identified and minimised.
- To ensure assessment forms are completed and feedback given to all staff on all jobs.
- Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
- Ensure appropriate in house and external training received personally.
- Planning and organising - to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales through continual monitoring of progression of the work.
- Technical expertise - to ensure audit conducted to correct standard and accounts preparation is accurate and meaningful for the type of industry. To be able to answer staff and client technical queries and make technical decisions.
- Commercial awareness - to have a good understanding of the commercial factors affecting the client and to be able to monitor the commercial effectiveness of work done by the firm by reviewing costs against budget.
- Teamwork - working as a team with the other managers, Partners and staff to ensure the department as a whole meets its objectives and all client demands are exceeded etc and dealing with differences.
- Problem solving - technical knowledge to resolve client issues and organisation to be flexible to meet client and director demands.
- Customer focus - ensuring clients expectations are exceeded, by providing a first class service at all times.
- Business Development – ability to develop trusted advisor status with clients
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA).
- Significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment.
- Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, Partners, staff and other professionals.
- Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance.
- Good organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met.
- Excellent skills in monitoring costs against budget for individual clients.
The Must Haves
- Relevant industry experience
- Qualifications attained in the UK
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must not require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Resource Harbour are representing a large, independently owned firm with a longstanding excellent reputation for advising private clients on their personal and business interests. It’s an accountancy firm with a great vibe due to their entrepreneurial clients and they incorporate financial advisors too – offering a comprehensive suite of financial and professional services to meet their clients’ full range of needs.
Where’s the job?
The role is based in trendy, open plan offices in central Bristol. It’s a workspace that encourages collaboration, communication and great work. There is also a great social scene at this firm.
There are excellent career progression opportunities as well as the opportunity to relocate to the firm’s offer offices located throughout the UK, Ireland and Jersey if desired.
When would I start?
Role to start as soon as possible.
What’s in it for me?
Permanent package offered includes:
- Up to £51k per annum pro rata depending on experience
- 23 days paid holiday plus the option to buy (3 days) and sell (5 days) holiday
- 8% employer’s pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Death in service cover