As a manager in our London Audit team you'll be responsible for a sizeable portfolio of key clients across a range of sectors including : technology, media and telecoms, professional services, real estate, not-for- profit (museums, education, arts/music institutions) and the consumer sector (retail, food & beverage). The size of clients varies greatly from owner managed businesses and LLP's through to some well-known listed high street brands, but no matter their size, you'll get to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face.
Here are some things you can expect from this commercial audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people. You'll ensure that key matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed and dealt with.
- Own your own work. You will be a key point of contact to our clients; assist audit partners in establishing audit approach; review audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Be a part of a team. You’ll manage junior auditors on specific assignments to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives. You'll motivate and coach team members, providing feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will be responsible for managing a significant portfolio of clients and will always strive to build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Build your brand. You will take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You will have opportunities to develop yourself and others, driving your own development with the support of your people manager.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA) with post qualified experience
- Experience of managing a medium to large portfolio of audit clients
- you'll have experience of dealing with complex technical matters
- Experience of managing audits of large companies in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Experience of IFRS and auditing listed companies would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.