· An Audit Manager based in our head office in Swindon (Open to flexible working)
· £50,840 to £73,436 a year (plus lots of extra benefits) on a permeant full time contract
· Salary is dependant on experience skills and knowledge
· Send in your application by 5th July 2019
Our Internal Audit Community has about 85 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including treasury, finance, risk, IT, transformation and distribution. Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
Nationwide is different. It’s not just that our mutual status means we are owned by our members but there is a clarity of purpose that is evident in every decision that we make. Our constant reference point is how our decisions will impact our members and that is as true of Internal Audit as of any other part of the Society.
The profile of the profession has changed dramatically, the impact and influence of Internal Audit is now an important sign of the strength of Nationwide’s governance.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced manager with knowledge of strategic data management, and topics such as data lakes and swamps and the challenges of data congruency, ideally in a financial services environment. This knowledge may have been developed whilst working directly in these areas or in a risk management or internal audit function.
Previous experience of audit or assurance activity would be an advantage, although full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques, will be provided.
You’ll need to have or be:
· Experience of auditing or managing risks, processes and controls associated with data strategies, and big data
· Understanding of the latest data developments including best practice guidelines, technology developments, and models and frameworks from external bodies.
· A strong advocate of data lifecycle management, effective warehousing and relevant privacy controls
· Able to confidently influence and build business relationships with data professionals
· Qualified in, or be on your way to, completing a relevant professional qualification (for example, the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, Institute of Risk Management or Data Management qualifications).
It would also be nice if you had:
· Experience of coaching colleagues to build their skills and confidence, providing feedback on their performance
· Able to collaborate effectively with business areas to generate actionable intelligence and value from their data using governance, analytics and business intelligence
· Exceptional organisational skills to deliver a suite of audits of varying complexity covering data-related activities, ensuring they’re high quality and in line with our audit methodology
What you'll be doing
You’ll be a key member of our energetic and productive Data audit team, working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver high quality and impactful audits that assess governance, risk management and key controls that are relied on across the Society. You will use your ability to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders as well as asking the right questions to pin point the key issues at play, whilst supporting the delivery of the Society’s strategy.
The extras you’ll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
• Company Car cash allowance worth £4,656
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Flexible working - We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.