To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- The role involves managing the delivery of key transformation projects within the Banking and Capital Markets sector focusing on:
- Data governance design & data strategy development
- Designing and embedding new target operating models for data governance and information management in our clients' organisations
- Planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work
- Supporting the management of key client stakeholders' relationships (CxO level) and managing small teams of PwC and client personnel
- Taking responsibility for budgets, client deliverables and billing
- Supporting the development of client bids and presentations of proposals.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Deep sector specific expertise and business understanding gained in banking capital markets
- An understanding of data management processes and operating models
- An in depth understanding of relevant regulation and the associated data impacts e.g. BCBS239, Basel III, CCAR, FDSF
- Delivering a broad range of data engagements in areas such as Data Architecture, Data Lineage, Data Integration, Data Governance, Data Quality and Management Reporting
- The ability to work on your own initiative and in many different environments. Strong planning, organisation and people management skills.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
- Experience of managing, strengthening and broadening key client relationships.
- The ability to identify client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches.