Gymshark HQ is based in Solihull, however this role can be both flexible & remote. There will be an expectation (post-Covid, government guidelines dependant) for the successful candidate to also be flexible and be open to coming into the HQ once/twice a week.
Are you our next BI Developer? Gymshark is a fast-paced and dynamic company and recognises that in order to keep growing, we need to put data at the centre of the decisions we make – ensuring we are truly data led. The Data function underpins this vision by providing the data, analysis and research to drive and validate our business strategies. As the BI Developer you will be part a new BI development arm of the Data team. You will drive improvements and efficiencies to Gymshark’s data visualisation and reporting capabilities while identifying opportunities to showcase our data in new and engaging ways across the business. As a brand new team to Gymshark, you will be acting as a key partner to teams across the business to ensure data is engaging and accessible, allowing it to be utilised at the heart of decision making.
Sound like you? Here's the role up close:
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establishing best practices for reporting and data visualisation, so that data can be easily interpreted and utilised to inform strategic decisions.
- Working across the entire business, proactively identifying opportunities for automation of data reporting and visualization
- Liaising directly with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements, being comfortable to ask the right questions to understand the underlying challenges.
- Creating data models in SQL and/or Alteryx to support reporting & insight.
- Adopting a continuous learning approach to BI development, reporting techniques and keeping up to date with the latest thinking and practices.
- Having the confidence to challenge the status quo and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Developing interesting and innovative data presentation techniques and identify opportunities to improve existing reports.
- Trouble shooting and implementing fixes to existing reports.
What You'll Need:
- Data visualisation experience preferably using Tableau.
- Data engineering experience using SQL or Alteryx.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and manage stakeholders effectively.
- A methodical, analytical and logical thinker, with the ability to see the bigger picture and get to the underlying business questions and challenges that need answering.
- The ability to plan and structure workload, collaboratively delivering under pressure and to deadlines.
- The ability to thrive in a risk-taking and fast-paced environment.
- To be highly numerate and commercially aware