25 days ago
The successful candidate will work to a high level of accuracy and take ownership of the accounting function for the group of companies. They will carry out all book-keeping tasks including processing invoices, CIS, payroll, VAT and management accounts, whilst ensuring all deadlines are met.
The candidate will report to the Stakeholders and the Company Accountant.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Process purchase and subcontractor invoices using Sage Line 50
- Run, check and submit monthly CIS returns and VAT returns
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, petty cash and expenses
- Using Eque2 (construction software) to manage contracts, process invoices and produce reports.
- Complete monthly control accounts
- Run the monthly payroll function
- Produce monthly management and cashflow reports for stakeholders
- Prepare year end accounts for Company Accountant
- An in-depth understanding of Sage Line 50 is essential
- Must have in excess of 5 years commercial experience in book-keeping
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work independently and to deadlines
- Must be very organised and work with a high level of accuracy
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Experience of the Construction industry and an understanding of CIS would be beneficial but not essential.
Offering the equivalent of a full time salary of £35,000 - £37,000 (pro rata) plus holiday and pension. This position will be for 24 hours (3 days) per week.
This role is based in the Companies' head office a short walk from the city centre of Bath and just a short commute from Bristol. Free on-street parking is available. There may also be some opportunity to work from home and for flexible working.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the job. Covering letters MUST be included within your CV as these cannot be sent or accepted separately.
Initial interviews may be carried out by phone and video calls due to the current situation.