Are you looking for a new challenge in a friendly, professional office? Based in a village location close to Ipswich and the A14, Landbridge surveyors and property advisors is a small, growing partnership looking for a Part-Time conscientious bookkeeper for 21 - 25 hours a week (salary pro rata to hours worked). The successful applicant will report to the Office Manager and be responsible for a range of bookkeeping and accountancy/admin duties.
Hit Apply below to send your application for consideration Ensure that your CV is up to date, and that you have read the job specs first.
Working within a small administration and support team, the responsibilities include supporting the Landbridge clients in record keeping and accurately updating accounting entries. The role also includes providing general administrative support, as well as always maintaining a polite and professional service.
- Recording transactions such as income and outgoings, and posting them to the correct accounts;
- Processing payments and raising invoices;
- Conducting daily banking activities;
- Monitoring accounts to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely way;
- Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements;
- Monthly financial reporting to clients’ requirements;
- Entering and monitoring budgets;
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients;
- Preparing accounts for year-end and responding to accountants’ queries;
- Supporting other client work, such as managing utility accounts and mobile phone contracts;
- Using Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel, and accounting software (Landmark)
- Using in-house systems for time recording and updating client files;
- Assisting clients with enquiries or updates requested;
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with prior experience of bookkeeping and administration in a commercial environment and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
In addition, you will have:
- A high degree of accuracy in all work;
- Attention to detail, numerate and analytical;
- Good understanding of accounting practices;
- Willingness to accept responsibility for actions;
- Strong time management skills;
- Integrity and ability to manage confidential information;
- Professional and positive approach;
- Excellent team working skills.