A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join the Bookkeeping team of a successful firm of chartered Accountants based in Ilford, East London. This position is psrt-time and will be approximately 15-25 hours per week around school time if required.
Now looking for the right candidate to have an expert knowledge of bookkeeping, VAT and basic accounting skills together with a high level of IT skills, particularly on Sage, Xero and Excel, which are vital to analyse data. All the team have direct contact with clients both through email and phone, and therefore excellent spoken and written English is imperative.
- Maintain book keeping records for a variety of clients.
- Review book keeping data and complete VAT return for allocated clients
- Work on-site if required to update clients records
- Direct client involvement - working with the client to solve queries and provide recommendations.
- Assisting accountants with preparation of reports and reconciliations.
- Management reporting
- £based on experience
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Additional 3 duvet days a year
- Company pension
- 4pm office finish on Fridays
- Regular team events
- 5+ years experience working on/for a variety of different companies
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping packages including Xero, Receipt Bank and Sage
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and data analysis techniques
- Sound knowledge of complex reconciliations such as CIS and VAT
- Knowledge of any European VAT aspects such import, exports, reverse charge and distance selling rules
- Previous Experience on different types of VAT schemes and MOSS would be an advantage
- Superb written and spoken English
- Must be highly enthusiastic and self-motivated, can work as part of a team or independently
- Ability to drive would be useful
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to hear more about it, please hit apply!
TwentyFour Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. If your skillset and experience matches the above ad then please apply today and if your CV is shortlisted a consultant will contact you to discuss the next stage of the recruitment process