Bookkeeper / Accounts Technician (Part Time, Contract)
Newry, Co. Down
Our client is the joint venture of a forward-thinking business and marketing consultancy, a specialist firm of tech and business consultants and the commercialisation arm of Queen’s University, Belfast.
This exciting organisation supports academics and established businesses to accelerate their research, technology and product ideas through a variety of pre-accelerator and innovation programmes.
They are currently looking for a Bookkeeper / Accounts Technician to join their growing team on a part-time basis, working 22.5 – 30 hours per week. This is a 12 month contract that has the potential to extend.
- Salary of £20,000 - £25,000 pro rata DOE
- Flexible working options
- Free parking
If you’re an organised accounts technician or bookkeeper with an excellent eye for detail, this is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking company that is making tomorrow’s big ideas and innovations a reality.
You will have the chance to build on your existing accounting expertise and gain insight into programme management, grant funding and events planning, making this the perfect role in which to broaden your horizons.
So, if you want to play an integral part in the success of programmes that are realising the ambitions of businesses and universities across the country, our client would like to hear from you.
As aBookkeeper / Accounts Technician, you will perform a range of accounting tasks to support the day-to-day operations of the organisation.
Working in a fast-moving and dynamic environment, your role will involve collating, reviewing and analysing financial information, invoicing, managing the purchase and sales ledgers and producing monthly management accounts.
You will also:
- Manage monthly cash flow and bank reconciliation activities
- Process monthly and year end PAYE/NI returns for HMRC
- Liaise with grant funding organisations such as Innovate UK, Enterprise Ireland and Invest NI to manage grant and commercial claims processes
- Manage the company’s internal tender process
- Prepare operational reports for the Chief Executive and the Board
- Support event management activities for important programme events
To be considered as a Bookkeeper / Accounts Technician, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience as a Bookkeeper / Accounts Technician or similar
- Experience of using Xero Accounts, QuickBooks, Sage Accounts or similar
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Good attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- The willingness to take on a variety of workstreams in a dynamic work environment
Accounting qualifications such as ATI would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Accounts Clerk, Accounting Technician, Finance Clerk, Senior Finance Administrator, or Senior Accounts Administrator.
Those with a Bookkeeping, Accounts, Accounting, Accountancy, Finance, or Financial background are encouraged to apply.
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Bookkeeper / Accounts Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.