- Customer Service Representatives to work across multiple locations in the Merseyside area
- Between £9.00 to £11.95 per hour, on a fixed term of 6 months, plus benefits
- This’ll be flexible hours from 4 hours per week upwards, which suit you and our branches
- Send us your application by 3rd February
- Start date will be at the beginning of April with a 1 day training course scheduled on the 17th April
Are you looking for flexible hours to fit around your busy life schedule? Perhaps you’re a parent, a student, retired, or just looking for a second job to compliment your current income?
Whatever your circumstances, we’re looking for people to join us for an exciting project aimed at creating more flexibility for our employees, whilst delivering service to our members when they need us most.
We want flexible people who can commit between 4 hours (minimum) and a 35 hours (maximum) per week. You can choose your working pattern and where you work as long as it fits within our resourcing requirements.
You don’t need a financial service background or previous experience. We’re just looking for a good attitude, a bit of confidence and a passion for customer service and rising to the challenge!
Interested in finding out more? Why not come along to our recruitment evening on 5th in Warrington and 6th February in Liverpool to get a feel for the branch first hand, insight into our roles through a presentation from current employees and the chance to ask any questions you may have. Please note, this is for opportunities within the whole Merseyside area.
Apply online now to register your interest and book your place.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a natural people person who understands the needs of the customer. You’ll need that ability to stay calm and polite when things get a bit busy. And because you will be surrounded by people all day, you’ll need to be able to work well with others, as well as have the confidence to do things by yourself, using your own initiative.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have the experience of building relationships, interacting and helping customers
- Be able to talk to different people and handle lots of different types of conversations, from answering a simple question to handling a complex problem.
- Be good at understanding and explaining complex information to our customers so that they can understand it
- Be enthusiastic about working as part of multiple teams, and supporting colleagues when required
- Have a thirst for knowledge and learning
- Be great at managing your time between administrative tasks and serving customers
- Have a basic understanding of Banks and Building Society’s and the services we provide
- Be compassionate, sociable and aware of being compliant to rules and standards
- Be computer literate
- Be flexible working across locations in the Merseyside area on different days (as agreed with your manager)
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be part of our project team working for a period of 6 months trialling this new flexible working approach
- This means you’ll have a 6 week (rotating) working pattern agreed between you and your manager
- You’ll work across an agreed number of branches across the Merseyside area during your 6- week rotating working pattern
- As we pride ourselves with offering a personal greeting service to our customers, you’ll be helping us achieve that by being the first point of contact for customers when they come into our branches.
- You’ll be guiding them in the right direction when they ask for help and answering any questions they might have
- And we’ll provide training and development so that you can work to handle customer money, manage account deposits/withdrawals and offer basic advice to our customers when it comes to managing their money
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That's why in addition to your salary, you'll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
• Salary of £16,380 – £21,756 pro rata
• 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays pro rata
• The ability to ‘buy’ another 10 days’ holiday
• Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to loads of training to help you progress and develop your career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.