Develop your career at the heart of our business
When you join our 20 week Returnship programme as a Business Analyst, you will work collaboratively with business stakeholders to ensure delivery of key management and performance information to support day-to-day service delivery.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
- Define and drive the project / programme analysis approach in line with the chosen delivery methodology of the initiative and relevant organisation-wide frameworks.
- Provide challenge and scrutiny around selection of the chosen approach and delivery of the change, in support of a successful outcome for the business.
- Participate in the design process coordinated by the Programme Management team, from design approval to functional design completion – helping to ensure the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
- Support the testing strategy and input into the coverage of test scenarios and conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
- Document business requirements for new products, services and functions and ensure the smooth implementation of these business requirements whilst anticipating the impact of the changes plus all risks and issues.
- Use data modelling practices to analyses your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
- Work with project / programme sponsors and stakeholders to capture desired outcomes and benefits and translate these into documented project requirements and features.
- Provide functional direction to project resources involved in the analysis approach.
- Articulate and present requirement proposals to gain sponsor and stakeholder buy-in through reviews, workshops etc.
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across functions and teams as required and help to address any uncertainty and concern.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Business analysis and project management experience with the ability to work on multiple projects within defined timeframes
- Experience managing complexity, ambiguity and change
- Excellent analytical and analysis skills (quantitative/statistics), coupled with an informed, evidence-based approach
- Problem-solving skills (breaking down complex problem in to manageable pieces, vetting assumptions, creating frameworks, testing hypotheses, etc.)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to build rapport and establish immediate credibility at all levels
- Relevant academic qualifications
Please note for the duration of your 20 week programme, your salary will be a proration of your annualised salary.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year, prorated
- £6,000 car allowance per year, prorated
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
In order to help you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life we support you in meeting your commitments outside of work and offer a range of flexible work options. We also support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.