Are you an ambitious Business Development professional interested in global cultures and languages? We’re looking for someone outgoing, commercially minded and fun to work with, to join our team in this flexible business development role.
For the past 40 years, Comtec has been helping organisations, from savvy scale-ups to FTSE 100s and big-name brands, to connect with a global audience. Our client relationships are very important to us, and you’ll be in charge of building and developing existing and new business partnerships. You don’t need to be fluent in 30 languages (we’ll leave that to the linguists) but an interest in languages and global business is a must.
As this is a client-facing role, you must be an excellent communicator, able to build rapport with clients and have the drive to deliver what they need. As part of Comtec, you’ll need to be a team-player with a positive, can-do attitude and understand the importance of delivering excellent customer experiences.
Our team is very important to us. We know that having someone with the right mindset, personality and skills for a role, is more important than whether or not they work from 9 am – 5 pm. With linguists based around the world and several freelance partners, we’re well versed in flexible working (even in different time-zones). We understand how to manage a realistic work schedule and create a fun, supportive company culture – regardless of where your desk is.
- Working with the Marketing team, you’ll identify target organisations for new business
- Generate and drive new prospects and relationships using various channels
- Keep your finger on the pulse of client needs and industry trends
- Identify revenue opportunities both with existing clients and prospects
- Arrange meetings and create a strong rapport with prospective clients
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Manage your sales pipeline and all work in progress, maintaining accurate management information and up-to-date forecasting on potential new business
- Manage existing client reach out to measure client satisfaction and maximise cross-selling opportunities
You are a….
- Creative thinker with the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Great communicator and presenter with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Well-organised and analytical thinker with an ability to work well under pressure
- Project management pro, understanding how to deliver what you promise
Key skills and attributes for the role include:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a B2B sales role with a track record in new business development
- Background of selling complex products or services to professionals working within B2B
- Comfortable selling high-value propositions
- Experience of using a consultative, solution-based sales methodology
- Ability to develop trust and relationships with prospects, customers and colleagues
- Strong social media skills demonstrable success of winning new business via LinkedIn or other social platforms
- Excellent telephone and online presentation skills
- Able to take lead, direct and function as a member of a team
What we offer:
- Basic pay of FTE £28,000 to £35,000 p/a, depending on experience (pro-rata for part-time)
- Performance-related bonus
- Part-time – 21 hours per week
- Flexible hours - please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
- Working from home
- Training and professional development – we invest in our people
- Great career progression
- People-centric, friendly and supportive culture
Let’s tell you a little more about us.
We’re a translation partner – not a provider. Translation is more than just words on a page and so is our offering. We share our client’s goals and are always exploring ways to help them meet (and exceed) them. Over the past four decades, we’ve worked with ambitious scale-ups and global corporates.
We’re a global team and appreciate our rich tapestry of cultures and experience. At Comtec we promise a work-day that will never be dull, friendly teammates, biscuits (even if we have to post them) and opportunities for personal and professional development – you might even pick up a new language along the way. Check out our website to meet the Comtec team - https://www.comtectranslations.co.uk/why-comtec/meet-the-team/