Entrepreneurial Scotland Mission
Entrepreneurial Scotland has the vision to enable Scotland’s people to build the most entrepreneurial society in the world. We do this through inspiring, developing and connecting a diverse community of people with an entrepreneurial mind-set in Scotland and internationally, who will collaborate to deliver transformational culture change.
Entrepreneurial Scotland has three distinct functions:
- Running world-class Saltire programmes
- Offering engaging networks tiered at different career levels
- Collaborating with partners across the entrepreneurial landscape in Scotland
Title: Business Development Manager (part-time)
Department: Next Generation Team
Role reports to: Head of the Saltire Scholar Programme
Role Purpose – Overview
We are seeking an efficient, organised and self-motivated individual to identify suitable host company prospects for our internship programme. The individual will have lead responsibility in nurturing key prospects with the end goal of partnering as a host with our Saltire Scholar Internship Programme.
Wider support to the Scholars team may be required whilst working within a small but fast-paced and growing organisation.
The role will be part time (approximately 18 hours/2.5 days per week) and office based.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Amplification of core capacity
- Establishing and developing new business relationships - conduct research to identify companies who would be interested in hosting a student through the Scholar programme, within Scotland, the UK and overseas.
- Engage with peers at GlobalScot, SDI and international networks to identify potential hosts. Work with these organisations to provide communication and marketing materials to attract new host companies;
- Work through our existing prospect pipeline with the goal of companies hosting at least one Saltire Scholar – building on, renewing and extending existing relationships.
- Arrange meetings/phone calls and follow up with prospective host companies and/or mobilise our international stakeholders (US Board, Asia Advisory Board, international supporters) to meet prospects to discuss hosting opportunities and the programme in general.
- Undertaking sales presentations to prospective new clients – “Pitch the programme” providing them with information and ensuring that clients understand all aspects of the programme and the potential benefits; and answering any questions they may have.
- Use Salesforce CRM to keep track of the sales pipeline and accurate forecasting data, including recording the latest communication with a contact/company.
- High level partnership and relationship management with a wide range of numerous stakeholders;
- Liaise with the programme manager to discuss sales progress on a weekly basis;
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with individuals and organisations;
- Attendance at meetings where relevant and preparing minutes/action points from meetings.
Strategic Customer Service
- ‘Own’ relationships with key customer groups: understand their drivers, challenges and reasons for partnering with us. Be thinking about how working with ES can deliver more value and impact to each stakeholder.
The above list is not exhaustive and, when appropriate, the individual will be required to carry out any other duties in relation to the business.
- Previous experience in a sales/account management-based role
- Strong project management, communication and organisation skills
- Proven experience of engaging multiple senior level relationships
- Resilience in working under pressure and liaising with external parties
- Excellent skills in document production in MS Office (word, excel, power point)
- Team player who is willing to assist in performance of tasks in other areas of the business
- Experience in utilisation of Salesforce CRM system
- Experience working with internship/graduate programme management
- A driven, self-starter who has first rate organisational skills
- Professional and intelligent approach to work
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with multiple stakeholder groups
- Superior written skills to be able to communicate with different groups of individuals
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- A problem solver who enjoys tackling challenging situations head on
- Open and collaborative approaches to working
- Great all-rounder and an expert multi tasker with a can-do attitude