To apply, please complete and submit this application form.
We wish to appoint a Business Development Manager to expand our client base in the area and to provide support to our current clients.
You will have experience working in legal practice, hold legal qualifications and have knowledge of apprenticeships.
You will be a good team worker and have outstanding communication skills. You will be self-aware, confident, pro-active, organised, committed; flexible and dedicated to providing alternative routes into law.
You will be expected to show initiative and be committed to excellent customer service.
Conditions of employment are excellent wieth generous pension contributions, holiday entitlement and training opportunities.
For further information or to apply please download a job description and application form from http://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/about_us/working_with_us or telephone Debbie Moore, HR Administrator on (01234) 844354.
Please note, CVs will not be considered and only application forms are accepted for this role.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Friday, 20th July 2018. This role will be subject to a DBS check.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Extend our client base in the south west and west midlands region
- Promote CILEx Law School courses and apprenticeships to legal organisations
- Work with the Director of Business and Apprenticeships on client pitches
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow up sales leads and meetings
- Assist clients with apprentice job descriptions; recruitment strategies; off the job learning advice and progression opportunities
- To conduct Health and Safety inspections of apprentices’ workplaces
- Conduct local research in response to external quality assurance requirements (e.g. Ofsted).
- Complete apprenticeship tenders and bid documents where required.
- Join and contribute to local enterprise partnership networks and other relevant apprenticeship networks.
To be the named contact for training managers on student study and progress matters for apprenticeships. In particular...
- Keep abreast of student enrolments in the designated region
- Contact HR/training managers/partners and arrange periodic progress review meetings
- Gather information on client firms/organisations and report back to the Director of Business and Apprenticeships
- Liaise with training managers where in-house study support and/or Induction days are being delivered.
- Make initial telephone calls to our distance learning students
- Attend careers fairs including at some school events
- Attend some apprenticeship fairs
- Attend and contribute to CILEx branch events
- Deliver skills training
- Join the local branch of your professional body
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- CILEx Level 6 qualifications or law graduate with experience as a paralegal, solicitor, barrister or Chartered Legal Executive.
- Excellent oral clarity & written communication skills
- Highly organised: capable of organising and prioritising own workload and complying with deadlines.
- Credible with law firms, HR and Training Managers
- Knowledge of legal apprenticeships
- Ability to empathise with students of all ages and from a variety of backgrounds.
- IT literate- able to create documents and presentations using Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Clean driving licence and car owner
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of customer service excellence in both written and verbal communication.
- Experience of apprenticeship sales and delivery
- Experience of early careers recruitment
- Experience of doing client pitches
- Experience of completing tender documents successfully
- Experience of teaching law
- Knowledge of legal technology
Knowledge to be aquired
- Knowledge of legal apprenticeships and CILEx qualifications, including qualifying employment
- CILEX’s CPD requirements
- Solicitors Qualifying Exam
- CLS legal secretarial courses
- Business Administration apprenticeships
- Legal Technology
- Health and Safety
This role is for 3 days a week but we would be happy to hear from people who would like 4 or 5 days a week.