Bentley Reid is an independently owned wealth manager. It provides a range of advisory and investment management services to wealthy private clients and their families in the UK and around the world, from offices in London, Hong Kong and Malta (www.BentleyReid.com).
Based just south of St James’s Park and reporting to the Board, the Business Manager will work alongside the Chairman, CTO and MD to support every aspect of the London business. The ideal candidate will be highly organised; happy to assume core corporate responsibilities; able to define and deliver required projects. She will be good at working with people and managing key external relationships. The candidate should be comfortable with contemporary IT, systems and working practices. Experience of working in a wealth management firm (or similar), dealing with the related products, structures and workflows, would be preferable but not a pre-requisite. Finally, the successful candidate will be a confident ‘self-starter’ who is willing to take responsibility and work to defined goals and timelines.
The role would be require a committment of 3 days a week (or equivalent), with flexibility provided around when and where the work is delivered. As with many businesses, we are currently looking at the balance between office and homeworking.
- Help define, develop and deliver operational plans and projects.
- Negotiate, monitor and develop key strategic relationships with 3rd party providers (eg. the client custodian bank, an OEIC fund administrator).
- Working with an established compliance consultant, manage regular compliance workflows for the London team.
- Working with other team members, coordinate and drive key strategic initiatives (eg. investment fund launches, a ‘green audit’ of the business).
- Develop and manage the production and distribution of regular marketing materials (physical/digital).
- Support the CTO in delivering a secure work environment, a robust business continuity plan and various ongoing IT projects.
- Deliver a safe, efficient office work environment for staff members.
- Help define and deliver a new balance between office and home work for all team mebers.
- In due course, assume responsibility for a limited number of staff, as their line manager.
- The role could, in due course, expand to incorporate group responsibilities including similar aspects of HK and Malta business management.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK; sponsorship cannot be provided.
A salary of up to £75,000 pa (FTE) is offered with a discretionary annual bonus and benefits (private healthcare, pension contributions); the precise terms will depend on the experience of the successful candidate.