We are looking for an ACA or CTA qualified professional to fill the role of Business Tax Senior in a delivery team on tax advisory and tax compliance services to a wide range of businesses.
The role is open to flexibility, part time, job share and remote working.
Who are we looking for?
We need a client facing professional to:
- Prepare business tax computations/tax returns
- Prepare election control sheets and client review sheets
- Review Alphatax lists to ensure all relevant prompts are cleared and deadlines met
- Contribute at client meetings
- Assist with consultancy & advisory work
- Deal with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
- Prepare billing analyses and draft fee notes
- Be involved in business development activities/profile raising locally
- Be able to take advantage of marketing/PR opportunities
- Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
- Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
- Customer Focus - Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
- Team work - Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
- Maintain Technical Expertise.
The Must Haves
- ACA/CTA qualified
- Relevant industry experience
- Qualifications attained in the UK
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must not require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Resource Harbour are representing a large, independently owned firm with a longstanding excellent reputation for advising private clients on their personal tax affairs and business interests. It’s an accountancy firm with a great vibe due to their entrepreneurial clients and they incorporate financial advisors too – offering a comprehensive suite of financial and professional services to meet their clients’ full range of needs.
Where’s the job?
The role is based in trendy, open plan offices in central Bristol. It’s a workspace that encourages collaboration, communication and great work. There is also a great social scene at this firm.
There are excellent career progression opportunities as well as the opportunity to relocate to the firm’s offer offices located throughout the UK, Ireland and Jersey if desired.
When would I start?
Role to start as soon as possible.
What’s in it for me?
Permanent package offered includes:
- Up to £54k per annum pro rata depending on experience
- 23 days paid holiday plus the option to buy (3 days) and sell (5 days) holiday
- 8% employer’s pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Death in service cover