Category Manager - IT Procurement - London
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
- On a global basis, direct and lead strategy and planning for a Procurement category to deliver competitive advantage for HSBC business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation.
- With deep category knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking category plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers.
- The role is required to identify new outsourcing opportunities and assess their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
- The role will develop influential senior level relationships with designated businesses and functions on behalf of all of the Procurement sub- functions including ownership of both Buying Channel and PSL compliance.
- Whilst not responsible for the execution of Category plans, the role will support the country Heads of Procurement and their teams in the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings.
- Key to success are advanced skills in analysis/synthesis in the application of a range of commercial models, with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- This is a key strategic role with the expectation of delivery through a virtual team of SMEs in both Category Management and in-country sourcing teams.
- The role will be responsible managing our key strategic supplier relationships with the appointed HSBC Accountable Executive. This will cover building the overall key relationship with the suppliers/key stakeholders, conducting strategic reviews, managing performance review and developing joint account plans
- The Procurement function provides a professional service to every division of HSBC, to HSBC Holdings, to all HSBC Group companies in the local country, and increasingly to HSBC.
- Procurement has been set a challenging cost reduction target ($800m) to achieve by exit 2017 and this role is critical to track the procurement's performance, savings delivered and future pipeline.
- The GCM is expected to manage a category like a business within a HSBC, but must earn this authority through an outstanding track-record of delivery.
- The GCM is directly responsible for the delivery of category strategy and planning components of the sourcing cycle and, for the relationships owned by them on behalf of the Procurement function, is indirectly responsible for the full end to end source to pay cycle (all geographies). This includes all 3rd party spend and internal costs associated with the provision of those products/ services. In this context the GCM has the authority to direct and develop the category, but must not undermine businesses' operational accountability for supplier relationships.
- There is a need to significantly uplift the Procurement functions category management and sourcing capability through a comprehensive strategy including intervention in sourcing activities, rigorous governance processes and people development.
- The GCM will manage a small team of sourcing professionals and be passionate about team leadership, development and performance management.
- It is expected that the GCM will sit on relevant leadership committees and positively influence appropriate forums of the businesses/ functions.
- The GCM should follow the Strategic Sourcing and Category Planning (SSCP) process and governance, but is expected to adapt the approach where relevant to their category.
- Ensure that the team respond to and provide solutions for numerous diverse and complex purchasing, contractual and logistical issues.
- Reward and incentivise performance, behaviors and attitudes which deliver the fair treatment of customers and uphold market integrity.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Vast experience within IT Procurement/Sourcing roles
- Experience in Category management/Portfolio defined roles
- Experience in leading large, complex negotiations on software applications and implementation services with key Supplier's such as of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP etc.
- Experience in leading Supplier Management and third party risk frameworks for the above large Suppliers'
- Demonstrates delivery of category plan and meeting savings targets
- Understand wide range of licensing applications and negotiating best in class
- Has degree or CIPS related qualification
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000DNJG
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.