Chief Financial Officer (part time; flexible working negotiable), London
My Community Bank (MCB) has a great opportunity for a talented, strategic individual to help lead the credit union in the role of the Chief Financial Officer. As a key member of the senior leadership team, this executive will assist the CEO in driving strategy, managing financial performance, improving operating efficiency and for ensuring MCB conforms with all applicable laws and regulation.
Responsibilities include managing and streamlining practices and activities in the finance and accounting functions, budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning and Financial Risk Management for MCB.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership and motivational skills, be a good team player and an innovative thinker. This individual will have good financial knowledge with a proven track record of success in change management. A minimum of ten years accounting experience with five years’ experience within banking, financial institutions and/or a credit union is required.
This position is available on a 2 to 3 day a week basis and we are open to flexible working, subject to negotiation. Our office is in Holborn, Central London.
- Oversee the preparation of reliable historic and forecasting reports
- Implement operational best practices
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Supervise the finance manager and controller/book keeper
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Oversee the preparation of monthly reports and annual financial plans
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance
- Assume responsibility for Financial Risk Management and construct and monitor reliable risk monitoring and control systems
- Supervise the annual audit process and selection of new auditors as agreed
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Review and approve reports to the regulator
- Represent the company with potential investors (as required)
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulatory standards and company policy on, and for, financial and tax reporting
- Proven experience as finance manager, CFO or other relevant role in banking
- Excellent knowledge of accountancy, regulation and risk management practices
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent is a strong advantage
- 10 years of accounting or finance experience, of which 5 years must be served in a management in a bank, financial institution or credit union
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage staff
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Ability to make and implement crucial recommendations
- High level of written and oral communications skills
- Resilience and a sense of humour
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the company CEO.
Please feel free to contact us for an informal discussion prior to application. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
My Community Bank is the trading name of Brent Shrine Credit Union Ltd. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Reference number 213245. Registered address: Ivybridge House, 1 Adam Street, London, WC2N 6LE.