Providing support to allocated seniors and management in both administrative and technical capacities.
- Setting up client files; reviewing files to identify missing information; liaising with clients to ensure all information has been received;
- Preparing basic US and/or UK tax returns, FBARs, US Power of Attorney forms, US safe harbour Federal and State estimated tax payments, ITIN and EIN applications.
- Additional responsibilities include providing administrative support to allocated team as and when required, especially during billing periods when team secretaries are carrying out billing responsibilities.
- Other duties include e-filing US tax returns; addressing IRS and State notices.
- Preparing and submitting UK tax forms; addressing client queries and working with the Database Team to ensure all information relating to clients is up to date.
- Role model excellent client service, ensuring allocated clients receive an exceptional level of care at all times.
- Supporting allocated staff in providing the same level of care to their clients.
- In addition, CSAs are expected to provide support and assistance during the billing process, ensuring bills are prepared accurately and to the agreed schedule and taking over additional billings responsibilities on an ad hoc basis as required.
Specific skills/experience required
- Administration experience (essential)
- Tax/Accounts experience (non-essential)
- Organised and analytical approach
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerical and able to interpret accounts data
- Sound IT skills
Specific qualifications required
- The person is expected to have a basic knowledge of US and /or UK taxation
- Personal characteristics and attitude The person needs to be confident building relationships with our technical Tax Advisors both in London and New York. The nature of the business means the work is driven by tax deadlines both in the UK and US and therefore the person must be able to work well under pressure.
- Someone who thrives working in a varied role and has strong communication skills would be ideal for this role.
This could be a full 4 day week, 4 days equivalent spread over 5 days or a job share (eg 3 days per person). We are flexible for the right person.
We offer a good range of benefits and we would love to discuss these with you at interview!