About the role
We are seeking an experienced Service Operations Manager who will be responsible for governing, supporting, and monitoring IT infrastructure services for the PwC Technology and Security Cloud Operations team.
Who we are
PwC Technology focuses on developing world-class technology solutions, services and applications that enable our business to bring to our clients greater value at a lower cost, and to drive a truly technology-enabled experience. The Technology & Security Operations team (TSO) runs and maintains PwC’s technology platforms - providing more value and higher quality, a more tech enabled experience, all at a lower cost -- while keeping our firm and client information secure. The TSO Cloud Operations team focuses on delivering and maintaining an always-on, agile, secured Cloud Platforms, enabling rapid provisioning of IT services globally and driving PwC’s Cloud-First strategy with a world-class 24x7 follow-the-sun cloud operations team.
The key responsibilities include
- Governing, supporting, and monitoring IT operational enterprise infrastructure services;
- Monitoring escalation process, adhering to service management release, change, configuration, incident and problem management processes;
- Managing small efforts, operational projects and facilitation of miscellaneous IT-driven requests;
- Applying Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principals to deliver quality service to internal firm clients by acting as a primary point of contact for the infrastructure services and manage area adhering to ITIL standards;
- Exercising independent judgment to escalate issues for resolution and meet service level agreements;
- Combining technical knowledge with relevant contextual information considering upper level management informational needs to produce effective executive summaries and communications;
- Working with automation of IT infrastructure and lean processes; and,
- Influencing the operations and improvements to services for respective sponsors and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure and the ability to understand the general architecture, design, and operating characteristics;
- Understanding of and executing the business needs fulfilled by the assigned infrastructure operations technical environment; and,
- Working in industry standard, enterprise systems in assigned area which will be one or more of the following including Platform, Storage, Database, Web & App, Messaging and Collaboration, Configuration Management and/or Security Operations.