Commercial Analyst | Derby | £30,000 - £40,000 | Option to work Part-Time
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a job offering the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing, business, based in Derby. This Commercial role within the Finance team is responsible for delivering commercial and financial insight across a line of businesses.
You will be working closely with sales and commercial teams and will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. You will play a key role in the Business team by providing sales, margin and business performance and opportunity insight to both internal and external stake holders, to assist with informed decision making. Working closely and building deep relationships. You will work with the Head of Finance to optimise contribution through informed and data led decision-making on trading performance including Sales performance, pricing and forecasts.
So what is the job?
- Take control of sales tracking's for UK market
- Support the sales team in pricing and maintaining all price lists
- Partner with sales to produce a monthly sales and margin forecast
- Set up weekly and monthly margin reporting
- Reconcile monthly accounts to weekly reports
- Review Bill of Materials and product costings with Finance Manager
- Check sales and purchase ledger coding
- Work with IT to improve profitability and margin reporting
- Provide any information that is requested from senior management
- Be aware of the responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974).
- Assist with monitor competitor's pricing, promotions, and availability and develop recommendations to remain competitive in our desired market position
What are you like?
- You'll need to be strong at Maths and have a good understanding or 'core' finance, although you don't need to be an accountant.
- Advanced Excel analysis skills essential, ideally with some SQL experience.
- The ability to use a wide variety of data sources, including use of Microsoft Excel to a high level.
- The ability to package and present ideas with clarity, and to convey complex, financial information in an appropriate way
- Demonstrate knowledge of data analysis and how to best utilise and interrogate them
You should have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in large volume dataanalysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling with strong organisational skills. You will have experience and confidence dealing with internal teams across the business and have the ability to work at pace and remain consistent under pressure. You will be proactive in your approach to work with the ability to identify issues and drive actions quickly.
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000+ Benefits
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.