Looking for IT& Procurement Lawyer for Public Sector client. 3 days a week and mainly remote work. Perm Role.
Apply below after reading through all the details and supporting information regarding this job opportunity.
Your new company
One of the largest financial services organisations in public sector
Your new role
- Provide high quality, timely, consistent and pragmatic legal advice to a range of different stakeholder.
- Identify and advise on client decisions that create unmanaged legal risk and/or legal risk beyond risk appetite statement.
- Provide advice which facilitates the effective project management of cases, commercial contracts, policy and procurement.
- Lead on and support, as necessary, negotiations with external suppliers ensuring contracts are concluded successfully and disputes are avoided.
- Contribute to the internal legal knowledge management system.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 5yrs PQE as a solicitor or barrister with a current practicing certificate in England and Wales
- Demonstrable post qualification experience of providing consistent, clear, audience tailored risk-based advice on procurement - both IT and non-IT commercial contracts, information regulation and governance in relation to IT and European Law, as well as solid technical knowledge in those areas
- Solid knowledge of Public Law is essential and the candidates familiar with governance framework will be desirable
- 1998, Human Rights Act 1998, FOI Act 2000, IORP Directive 2003/41 and EIOPA Regulations 2010/1094 as well as elements of UCITs and Solvency II Directive
- Awareness of current public law, procurement, commercial, information regulation and governance and European Law environment as well as strategic trends and issues
- Highly organised, creative, resilient and self-motivated and able to prioritise a full portfolio of work and competing deadlines
- Good advocacy, negotiation and persuasive skills with a proven ability to influence, both orally and in writing, with experience of participation in negotiations and presenting internally and externally at all levels
- Experience of handling difficult situations and acting under pressure, including explaining the impact of unmanaged legal risk.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary package including up to 30% pension contribution and bonus, mainly remote work and will travel to Brighton office only for business needs. 3 days a week and will be paid pro rata.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.