Do you like working in a fast-paced commercial challenging environment?
Do you like using your commercial skills to make technological change?
Do want to lead on commercial deals across a range of national technology and data programmes to support the fight against the national pandemic?
The use of technology in the NHS has been fast, full on and exciting especially in the last few months. NHS Digital has been at the forefront of leading this technology and data change and the commercial team is a critical component of our organisation. This is your opportunity to build your career, gaining rich commercial experience in a well valued, forward thinking, ever evolving team.
The Commercial function is responsible for NHS Digital’s system wide commercial strategy and operation and ensures effective procurement, category management and contract management. We spend hundreds of millions of pounds per annum, executing and managing deals under exciting deadlines to deliver services that support world leading products and services into the NHS.
We are interested in people with commercial skills in technology, data, digital, professional services and contingent labour to operate across our category and sourcing teams.
You will work at (what we refer to as) Practitioner level and will lead in the following areas:
- Strategy - Leading and implementing key strategic commercial initiatives.
- Engagement - Ability to communicate the defined commercial vision and strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivery – Contribute to commercial strategies and category plans relating to common goods and services, delivering measurable and significant commercial results including savings and other indirect benefits.
- Operations - Develop, implement and manage technical solutions to enable effective procurement, contract management and supplier relationship management.
The Commercial Manager will have experience in the following areas:
- Providing assurance of commercial outputs
- Managing and mitigating commercial and legal risk
- Driving compliance to commercial policy practice and procedure
- Overseeing supplier relationship management (SRM) and Industry Engagement
- A good understanding of the commercial lifecycle and demonstrate extensive skills and behaviours at a practitioner level with detailed knowledge and substantial experience of the majority of the skills areas and applies them when undertaking complex and contentious commercial activities.
- CIPS accreditation (L5) or evidence of equivalent level of experience.
- IACCM Advanced Practitioner status or evidence of equivalent level of experience.
For more information about what is required for this role, please refer to the role profile.
If you will be based in London, you will be eligble for London weighting which is 20% of your basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of £4,473 and a maximum payment of £6,890.
We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from all walks of life.
Flexible working options such as part time working / job sharing will be considered for this role.
We pride ourselves on what we have achieved and our amazing people, many of whom have deservedly received public recognition in forums ranging from Women in IT awards to our own Queen’s Honours List.
Interviews will take place remotely in mid September 2020. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by email.
To view further information please see the attached role profile and to apply for the role click ‘Apply" below.
We are unable to accept speculative CVs, all applications must be made through NHS Digital’s career site.
If you have previously interviewed for this role (or a similar one) with NHS Digital and been unsuccessful, we encourage you to obtain feedback from your initial application to support your future career as we will not accept any further applications for a period of six months.