• A Communications Consultant for Planning and Outcomes
• Based in either London or Swindon and will require frequent travel to both
• Salary range £30,506 - ££44,056 per annum, dependent on skills and experience
• Flexible working options considered
• Send in your application by 6th November
We’re making some enhancements to the way our Internal Communications and External Relations Affairs folk teams work at Nationwide. This will strengthen our ability to plan effectively to ensure a greater impact.
With that in mind, we’re looking to grow a team that will focus on aligning the strategy, planning and insight across both Internal Communication and External Relations.
This is an exciting time for communications at Nationwide; there’s no questioning the sense of value that closer collaboration and better ways of working can bring about.
All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and job sharing.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, yet not afraid of the detail. You’ll be helping analyse complex information to build and drive our planning and insight capabilities in the Internal Communication and External Relations team.
Ideally you’ll be used to working in a role which centers around quality communications, but this is not essential. You must be comfortable advising leaders and have been in a role before where you’ve needed to work closely with external partners.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be used to working with data and insight to drive strategic plans, ideally in a communication environment
- Have previously been in a role where you’ve had to manage and work with complex information
- Have a thorough understanding of the financial services sector, division/department audience needs
- Have experience in developing and improving processes
- Be supremely organised, able to manage competing priorities and multitask effectively
- Be able to demonstrate that you’ve successfully delivered high-impact action plans to help deliver desired business outcomes, ideally in a communication environment (but not essential)
- Possess the right interpersonal skills that enable you to build trust and credibility with senior managers and leaders. This would be evidenced through activities where you’ve successfully advised, coached and influenced senior individuals
- Have experience in managing budgets
What you'll be doing
You’ll work with leaders across the company to deliver a planning and outcome agenda that supports the Society as well as the Internal Communication and External Relations strategy and plan.
You’ll plan, specify, brief and obtain approvals for the tactical development, implementation and evaluation of communication programmes for the Internal Communication and External Relations teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Running core processes, including collecting and inputting developments and updates into the Communication plan, ensuring it is up to date at all times
- Co-ordinating single communications responses, particularly around our major milestones and events
- Co-ordinating planning for the effective engagement of key stakeholders internally and externally
- Working with insight suppliers internally and externally to ensure that insight is as robust and in-depth as possible, providing analysis and recommended action to be taken
- Co-ordinating and distilling insight (both internal and external) into relevant insight reports to be reviewed and discussed by the senior management team regularly
- Managing production and design of the insight and planning dashboard, working closely with all Communication teams to help them understand and act upon insight
- Working closely with third party suppliers to ensure that the creativity and quality of delivery successfully meets the needs of the Society
- Supporting the Senior Communication Manager in working with community leaders and managers to enable them to deliver tailored content via a range of channels and to discuss this with their teams
- Co-ordinating key events that do not sit within the remit of the Engagement & Events team
- Responsibility for management of risk and governance requirements
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.