Communications Manager – Exams Officers
Contract: 12 Months, Part time, Fixed Term Contract (Possible extension to 24 months)
Job share: 15 hours a week (ideally Weds PM, Thurs and Fri AM)
Salary: £32,000 - £45,000 pro rata
What it’s about
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive Communications Manager with advanced written and presentation skills to join the Brand, Digital & New Services team in Cambridge International. This role will be part of a job share, working two days a week with a half a day when you are in the office with your job-share partner. Together you will drive and lead the dialogue between Cambridge International and exams officers, who are the key contact in our schools worldwide. It presents an excellent opportunity for a communications professional to shape and manage communications for one of our key customer groups, working with colleagues across the organisation and our International Network.
What you’ll be doing
Based in our Cambridge office, you will play a pivotal role in improving the efficiency of the delivery of our examinations by making sure essential online and offline communications are clear, timely, meaningful and customer-focused. You will project manage new communication developments and establish effective cross-divisional relationships with key staff and director-level stakeholders.
You will also manage the Training Support Coordinator who leads on the delivery of our training programme for exams officers and our Communications Support Co-ordinator.
What we’re looking for
You’re a graduate with a strong track record in a communications-related role. You’re good with words and can demonstrate advanced writing and verbal communication skills. You have a keen eye for detail and a flair for project management.
With a collaborative, flexible and proactive approach to work, you are skilled in building relationships and enjoy taking responsibility. You are an experienced line manager, able to meet tight deadlines and comfortable with complexity. It would also be useful for you to have a good understanding of the education market and of communicating across many different countries and cultures.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, possibly in English language.
- Advanced written operational communication skills
- A high level of verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills to systematically achieve goals and objectives.
- Highly IT literate in all Microsoft Office software and Adobe Pro – advanced skills in PowerPoint and Word also an advantage.
- Analytical thinking from data and verbal sources with reporting skills.
- Strong organisation skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent editorial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Experience of working in a similar sized organisation delivering complex processes
- A good awareness of the global education sector– with an understanding of the political, educational, and other factors impacting upon the contexts in which an awarding organisation works.
- Planning and organising. With effective time management.
- A communications professional or professional approach to communications (marketing background is OK but this is not a marketing post)
- A high degree of diplomacy
- Highly proactive with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Creative approach to problem solving
Who we are
Cambridge International prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 3 March and interviews will be held on 13 March.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER