Vero has been appointed by a leading locally owned business to recruit an experienced Company Accountant on a part-time basis. This represents a unique opportunity for a diligent, trustworthy accountant to manage the day to day finances of a highly respected and growing company.
Our client operates out of modern premises in Aberdeen and is recognised as a leader in their field. With a commitment to superior customer service, our client provides a range of specialist solutions to a variety of sectors. They have experienced sustained growth over several years and this is set to continue, and they continue to develop their offering to meet the demands of their clients.
Who are we looking for?
To be considered you must have previous experience of working in an SME. Consideration will be given to qualified, part qualified and qualified by experienced candidates. You must have a hands-on approach and be willing to roll your sleeves up. You will excel at building relationships cross-function, and a thoroughness and attention to detail that is second to none.
Our client is flexible with regards to working hours. It is expected that the role can be completed in three to four days per week and there is flexibility as to how these are achieved (i.e three full days, four five hours days, for example).
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Company Accountant will be responsible for the financial management of the organisation. With one direct report, the position requires a hands-on approach, managing relationships with key stakeholders across all levels.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Provide analysis and commentary to senior management team to aid business decisions on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required
• Monitor and manage short term cash flow and plan payments to suppliers
• Process accruals /prepayments and reconcile balances
• Reconcile and submit VAT returns
• Reconcile all bank accounts
• Process sales and purchase ledger invoices in various currencies, and deal with associated queries
• Record currency profit/loss
• Carry out customer credit checks/open new customer accounts
• Carry out credit control and ensure management are aware of any issues as they arise
• Reconcile cash sales and company credit cards
• Process payroll (weekly and monthly)
• Process depreciation
• Management of company pension scheme
• Management of company insurance policies
• Assist with year-end - liaising with auditors for preparation of final accounts
To find out more about this unique opportunity please apply with your CV by clicking the link below. All communication is handled in the strictest of confidence. Alternatively, to find out more please email email@example.com.