- Compliance Advice Manager, in the Banking and Investments team based in Head Office Swindon
- Salary range £50,337-£56,489 dependent on experience
- Permanent full-time contract, (flexible working would also be considered)
- Closing date 3rd April 2018
Compliance Advice forms part of our second-line of defence and is a key area of Nationwide’s central compliance function, sitting alongside our Compliance and Risk Oversight colleagues.
We are at the forefront of complex regulatory change, providing real-time advice and subject matter expertise on all aspects of FCA and PRA regulation. This is vital to ensure that Nationwide achieves its strategic ambitions, remains compliant and does the right thing for our members - they’re everything to us.
Who will you be working with
We are a dynamic multi-disciplined team that operates from Swindon working together to ensure that regulations are implemented and adhered to and that Nationwide treats it’s members fairly.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team. As a team of 9 within Compliance Advice you will work on a variety of different projects and initiatives. Nationwide are making significant investment in technology, so you will get the opportunity to work on exciting new propositions and ways of delivering financial services.
If you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, this role may be for you.
Who we're looking for
For this role you will need strong technical knowledge and understanding of banking and investment products, distribution channels and current economic and regulatory environment. Alongside the ability to deliver excellent consultancy skills; to influence stakeholders, articulate risks and issues and apply a regulatory lens to business strategy.
As a minimum you’ll have or be:
- Background working in financial services
- Proven experience of advising business areas and stakeholders on compliance, conduct and regulatory issues
- Strong compliance knowledge in one or a number of areas including relevant Sourcebook (COBS, BCOBS, CONC), product and industry knowledge, business banking, key FCA risk outlook areas or a willingness and capacity to quickly learn any regulatory requirements
- Awareness of external market developments from our regulators, government bodies and our competitors
- Experience in engaging and challenging business areas, supporting the management of relationships with colleagues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to learn new information quickly and to seek further guidance when required
- Flexibility and presence to lead a portfolio of work and undertake new and varied compliance and conduct risk related analysis and reviews
- Be agile in your approach to change and review solutions to deliver a competitive edge
Applications are also welcome if you have worked in a risk or advisory role and have the willingness to learn regulatory and compliance technical topics. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience we encourage you to apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
What you'll be doing
The role is exceptionally varied given the breadth of products and distribution channels and supports a range of business areas, as such you will work closely with others in the team including the Senior Manager and Head of Compliance Advice. You’ll work directly with your business areas to provide specialist regulatory advice and ensure conduct and compliance risk is identified, assessed, managed, reported and validated.
You will also:
- Look across the regulatory horizon to identify emerging risks and gain wider industry awareness
- Work with colleagues from across the business to support their strategic aims whilst ensuring that these aims are delivered in a way that puts our members at the heart of the decision-making process
- Advise business areas on how current and new regulation impacts the way we interact with our members, colleagues and competitors
- Manage a portfolio of work including stakeholder engagement, business change and new regulation implementation
- Have the opportunity to represent Compliance Advice on strategic change projects and at senior management team meetings
- Write thought pieces to showcase Compliance thinking on emerging trends and risks
- We also strongly believe in nurturing our talent through continuous learning and development, both on an individual basis and through our own Risk Academy. So, you’ll also have access to internal experts, seminars and attend external session
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it - people who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.